IT Support from NGPS!
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary support! To help students and families during this time, Northern Gateway Public Schools’ tech team will be offering technology support to parents and students via a virtual Help Desk:
5 THINGS TO TRY BEFORE YOU EMAIL THE HELP DESK:
- Please ensure you have internet connectivity - try accessing some common websites. How to connect a Chromebook to Home WiFi.
- Make sure no one else is streaming in the house - Netflix, Hulu, even some TV receivers use wireless. Make sure anything using the internet is off.
- Check your video send and receive resolutions.
- Reboot your home router and Chromebook. Unplug the power from your router, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.
- Have students do a Speedtest and note the number __Mbps?
If you have tried all of the above, and are still having problems, you can email your name, student’s name and your phone number to HomeTechHelp@ngps.ca.
IT Help Desk Hours
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
One of our technicians will reply to your email and/or follow up with a phone call during Help Desk hours. Please note: any questions regarding your child’s educational programming should be directed to your child’s teacher.
Alberta 20-21 K-12 School Year
School News View All
Division surveys students, staff and families on re-entry scenarios
Posted on Jun 1 2020
Northern Gateway Public Schools (NGPS) is planning for the 2020-21 school year and what it may look like for students, staff and families. While any return to school will be managed under the guidelines and direction from Alberta's Chief Medical Officer…
Proof of Residence required for NGPS students
Posted on Apr 23 2020
As part of the regular registration process, proof of residence is now required for all Northern Gateway Public Schools students. Parents will be required to provide a copy of their resident legal land address to the school. Proof of residence is required…
UPDATE MARCH 29, 2020 - 9:28 a.m. Funding to School Divisions Temporarily Adjusted
Posted on Mar 29 2020
On March 28, 2020, the Education Minister announced that resources to school divisions will be adjusted to match an at-home learning environment. At this time, Alberta school divisions are expected to continue at-home learning for our students. …